Monday, April 14, 2008

OK, so now you have a blog of your own...

Coming late to the world of blogging, I had to ask myself are there too many Blogs already out there? I know I have over a hundred food blogs alone bookmarked in my Favorites and probably read at least 30 or so of them regularly. I have always "lurked" at the fringe of the blog world; reading about everyone's lives, trying new recipes but rarely responding or commenting on anything. Always feeling that to actually try to join in the community would be like I just walked up and sat down at the lunch table with the "cool kids". There are so many wonderful and talented people out there--it is pretty intimidating.

So why start a blog now? I think mainly I need a creative outlet. I love my job--actually scratch that-I love the people I work with but the job has become very dull and routine of late and I am definitely NOT loving it right now. Cooking is a way for me to relax, have fun and try new things and I think writing about it is a great next step. Eventually I would also like to "connect" more with others who are interested in the same things I am. Everyone seems to be having so much fun out there.

What can you expect from this blog? It will mostly be about cooking and eating food but also a little bit of everything I am interested in such as all things food, recipes, restaurant visits, culture, living in Hawaii, movies, books, thoughts on new products, things I've tried, etc. And I will have pictures as I just bought a camera that actually works. (Just don't expect them to be very good at first as photography is not one of my skill sets and I am still learning to work the camera).

So here we go...










No comments:

Post a Comment

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)